News and Press Releases
The Green Point -- GPOAC's Newsletter
The Green Point is the official periodical newsletter for the Green Party of Allegheny County, featuring news items and opinions from local members. Typically issues are published at the beginning of each month, but for important news and events additional special issues may be published. For faster news, please also follow us on Facebook and Twitter @AlleghenyGreens for more information, or sign up for our mailing list.
PAST NEWS ITEMS (pre-2020):
- 2019-12-02: Issue 4 of our newsletter is out now, with news about recent Green Party of Pennsylvania delegates' meet up, updates on the Stein lawsuit for election integrity, and preparation work for 2020. Check it out and join us at one of the events and actions this week!
- 2019-11-11: If you missed it, check out Issues 2 and Issue 3 of our newsletter! Some great updates on 2019 election results, planning for 2020, and activism local Greens have been up to. If you'd like to add photos, articles, opinions, to a future issue, let us know!
- 2019-10-21: The first issue of our newsletter is now available. Check it out to find out about recent and upcoming events, learn about the candidates for the Green Party 2020 presidential nomination, a run-down of anti-environmental legislation currently in Harrisburg, and comments in support of reparations in Pittsburgh. A jam-packed first issue!
- 2019-06-28: Candidates for countywide office are now petitioning to get on the ballot! Learn more on the Candidates page, and fill out the form to volunteer to get them on the ballot! We need 4000 signatures by August 1st so time is running out!
- 2019-02-05: GPOAC congratulates our newly-elected officers and delegates for 2019! Looking forward to a successful year! Interested in joining the effort in growing the Green Party movement in Pittsburgh? Please Contact Us!
- 2019-02-01: GPOAC kicks off its 2019 winter fundraiser, looking to raise $1000 by mid-February in order to support Green candidates for office this year. Check out our Donate page for more information.
- 2019-01-11: GPOAC is now taking applications for endorsement from potential Green Party candidates for the 2019 municipal general elections. Read the full press release here and check out our Run for Office page for more information.
- 2018-12-31: GPOAC is now taking nominations for party officer positions, working group leaders, and delegates to the Green Party of Pennsylvania. If interested in nominating yourself or someone else for a position, or inquiring about positions and responsibilities, please Contact Us. Nominations will be taken at the January general assembly; elections will be held at our regular February general assembly.
- 2018-12-16: GPOAC vice-chair Garret Wassermann was cited in the Green Party of Pennsylvania/US press release, "Green Party Response to Poverty in PA," after the US Census data shows that nearly 1 in 8 in PA live in poverty.
- 2018-12-04: GPOAC elected to set general assembly meetings for 2019 on the first Tuesday of each month at 6pm -- with the exception of January (which would have be Jan 1st!). Instead, for January 2019, we're planning a convention with a social event! Likely to occur on a Saturday toward end of the month. Watch for further updates. Mark your calendars now!